We envision a community of individuals from diverse backgrounds unlocking their full potential by achieving socio-economic integration in Canadian society.
Our work is guided by the following values:
We respect the right to self-determination and dignity of people with diverse backgrounds by using person-focused practices.
We carry ethical responsibilities to clients, colleagues, workplaces, and organizations through the transparent decision-making process and accountable.
We deliver quality services and learning opportunities to maintain the best interest of clients based on cultural, individual, and community needs.
We aim to use a social justice lens to ensure clients’ access to available services in a fair, inclusive, and collaborative way.
We identify clients’ resilient support systems, acknowledge their barriers, and use the language of hope to empower people from a strengths-based perspective.
The role of OHG is to:
- Use a lifespan approach to deliver services to clients for achieving a smooth transition in life
- Adopt a holistic case management approach to understand clients’ complex needs
- Provide culturally and linguistically sensitive programs and services to clients with diverse backgrounds
- Address the issue of local poverty and support low-income individuals to gain financial security
- Promote public education to increase newcomers’ knowledge about life in Canada
- Acknowledge people’s rights by addressing social policies and their implications
- Remove newcomers’ & low income earners’ barriers and help them fully participate in the Canadian job market
- Acknowledge career challenges by promoting initial development and long-term job market integration
- Facilitate training opportunities to enhance skill sets for career advancement and employability
- Match one’s skills & qualifications with inclusive employment opportunities & career development
- Serve as a central point to deliver coordinated employment, settlement, and community services
- Strengthen growth and collaboration among organizations and communities