Everyday English for Newcomers
Expand Your Vocabulary
8 Weeks Everyday English for Newcomers
OneHub Growth’s Everyday English for Newcomers uses a strengths-based perspective to engage participants in a positive way. We respect different learning styles and view participants as experts in their own lives.
Newcomers (English-speaking Beginners)
- Each session focuses on a different scenario.
- Introduction of new vocabulary each time, what they mean and how to use them in conversation.
- Each participant will take turn to practice via role play.
Everyday English helps students expand their vocabulary by introducing words and conversations used in different scenarios.
- Building confidence
- Improving pronunciation
- Expanding vocabulary
- Enhancing life skills
- Gaining cross-cultural competence
- Date: June 23, 2022 – August 11, 2022 (Every Thursday)
- Time: 10 am to 11 am
- Total Sessions: 8 Sessions
- Course delivery: Hybrid (both in-person and online)
- In-person Location: OneHub Growth Organization (Unit 1, 205 Torbay Road, Markam ON L3R 3W4, Canada)
- Participants: Maximum 10
- Fees: Free of Charge
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language Adult ESL Toronto District School Board
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
- Certified Midwife
- Extensive experience facilitating English Conversation Circles