Mentorship Program for Newcomers
Our mentorship program for newcomers is the core element of initial career development.
Our mentorship program aims to match/pair a newcomer as a mentee with an established immigrant as a mentor who both share similar professional backgrounds such as work and education. Through partnerships, an assigned mentor that matches your needs will help you find your strengths & capacities, address barriers & challenges, navigate resources & information, share experiences & interests, and set personal & employment goals.
- Mentees: Newcomers & newcomer youth
- Mentors: Established immigrants and Canadians
- Matching similar professions
- Good mentoring relationships
- Equal engagement
- Trusting Relationships
- Sharing knowledge and experiences
- Mutually defined goals
- Developing skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Exploring career pathways
- Empowering newcomers to self-determine their career pathways
- Supporting newcomers to enter the labour market and transition to sustainable career pathways.
- Providing mentorship opportunities for newcomers and established immigrants
- Creating a safe environment for newcomers to build strong communities, trusting relationships, and cultural connections.
- Registration: Please fill out the expression of interest form, and the mentorship coordinator will contact you
- Mentorship Style: One-on-one
- Delivery method: In-person, virtual, phone
- Connection Duration: From 3 to 6 months
- Measurement: Outcome evaluation
Expressions of Interests: Apply to be a Mentee
Due to the high volume of requests for the mentorship program, the “Expressions of Interests: Apply to be a Mentee” form has been temporarily put on hold. Please stay tuned.